Social networking sites offer ways to connect online with your friends and family, share your hobbies, and meet new people with similar interests. They enable you not only to keep in touch with the friends you've made at past walks, but also to find training buddies in your geographic area. Walking and riding is always more fun when you have someone to share it with and to egg you on. Whether you are an experienced walker looking to share your stories, a first-time walker needing some support, or someone who is considering signing up, you will find a welcoming community in these social networking sites.
- Challenge Blog: This blog will give you a look at the training, fundraising, and inspiration that are a part of the experience. We hope to give you ideas, answer your questions, and invite you to share your thoughts and stories. You can leave public responses to these posts and to each other — no signup or registration needed! If you're organizing a Challenge Walk-related fundraising or training event, you can submit it to our event calendar.
- Podcast: MS Challenge Talk is a weekly audio recording that shares the stories and experiences of veterans of those who have walked 3 days and 50 miles to bring the world closer to a cure for multiple sclerosis, courtesy the National MS Society's MS Challenge Walk. Listen to recordings of our shows or subscribe in Apple iTunes!
- Facebook: Are you a member of Facebook? If so, become a fan of the Cape Cod MS Challenge Walk on Facebook. Stay in touch with your friends from the walk and meet new people dedicated to the cause. You can post pictures of past events, discuss fundraising ideas, and receive updates in your news feed. While you're there, become a fan of the Greater New England Chapter, too!
- YouTube: Videos on the Chapter's YouTube channel, including videos from Cape Cod Challenge Walk. In September 2009, Brenda Neary and her video crew were at the MS Challenge Walk and shot some wonderful footage of the event, from which we have created several videos.
- Twitter: Twitter is a real-time information network that connects you to the latest stories, ideas, opinions and news about what you find interesting. Join today to start receiving mschallengewalk's updates. Follow the Chapter's tweets as well.
- Pinterest: Pinterest is an online bulletin board used to "pin" your favorite things! Follow our page for training and fundraising tips, information on Cape Cod, and the National MS Society.
We look forward to seeing you, both online and on the trail!